Modern technologies do not stand still and are actively developing. Every year new inventions and additional functions appear that were not even thought of before. Technological progress is gradually entering all spheres of human activity. It is mainly aimed at optimizing the industry, reducing the volume of equipment and improving the quality of life due to additional smart devices.
In our article we will talk about one of the most popular inventions of mankind, about the TV. Perhaps this technique is in every home. And if earlier it served as a means for entertainment and leisure activities, now TVs are deservedly referred to as part of interior design. More recently, they were bulky devices that were placed on a special cabinet and connected to the network. Now, thanks to the huge range and improvement of design, TVs have a lot of ways to install and place in the house.
Many when buying equipment, the question arises of where it will be located in the future. For TVs, the most optimal solution would be to use a self-made hanging structure. And for this we need a strong and reliable bracket. The bracket itself is a bulging post attached to a wall for mounting various objects and equipment on it.
REFERENCE! It is usually made of metal and serves as a reliable fastener for any interior items.
Of course, in our time, such devices can easily be bought in stores, but we will teach you how to make them yourself at home, as well as tell you the secrets of choosing and installing.
The most important task of any bracket is fasteners. It is a special device, usually in the form of an angle from a metal plate, which is mounted on the wall with one edge. The other free edge serves as a support for various devices.
IMPORTANT: Depending on the weight of the structure that you want to suspend, you need to choose a material of the appropriate strength for normal fixation.
Of course, you can use proven methods and install the equipment on special stands. They also have their advantages. But since modern TVs are distinguished by their flat screen and have a fairly long diagonal, it would be better to install them along the walls. It is for this that you will need a bracket. Such designs have several advantages over other methods:
- Save space, the ability to install additional furniture or decor elements. A good combination would be the installation of a fireplace.
- Thanks to the suspension system, you can set the TV screen at the right level for comfortable viewing. Due to bedside tables it is not always possible to do this.
- Due to the variety of forms of construction and installation, you can choose a model that is ideally suited to the style of your room.
- The presence of rotating brackets allows you to easily change the position and angle of the TV.
- Quick installation and disassembly if necessary.
If you decide on this method of fastening, you need to thoroughly approach the choice of place and the purchase of material from which the wall product will be made. We will talk about all this in more detail and analyze several standard options. Homemade sometimes even outperforms the purchase.
Before proceeding with the assembly and installation, it is necessary to correctly prioritize and choose the right material. First of all, it will depend on several main components:
- The cost you are counting on.
- Structural strength.
- The weight of the TV.
- Way of fastening.
- The material of which the walls are made.
IMPORTANT: Do not save on the material used and the fasteners. The life of the equipment will depend on them.
There are a huge number of options for assembling the bracket. The choice depends on your imagination. If desired, you can make a unique design and decorate the style of the room with even this minor detail.
Basic methods will require you to use the following tools and materials that are best prepared in advance:
- Metal corners. To do this, you can use ordinary bent at right angles to the plate.
- Handle bracket holder. It can be made movable for a free change of position. It should also be made of durable metal that can withstand the load from the gravity of the screen.
- Wooden panel from a solid board or chipboard, fiberboard, chipboard. It is used for more reliable fixation of the equipment body to the mount.
- Special wall mounts.
- Dowels, bolts, screws.
- Hammer drill.
- Drills for wood and metal.
IMPORTANT: If necessary, you can use additional materials provided for a specific type of product. We only give a standard set.
It is also important to calculate the dimensions of the location and the proposed structure. In the case when the mount will be movable, it is also worth considering a place for its free movement.
An important point in creating the mount will be the choice of model. Depending on what goal you are pursuing, you can choose a wide variety of options. Their classification is extensive and includes several characteristics.
For the price: there are models made from inexpensive materials at hand or vice versa from high-tech and advanced developments. The choice in this case depends on your income.
By type of construction:
- Placement along the wall.
- The options diverted from the wall at right angles imply perpendicular placement of the TV. Convenient when installing over the bed.
- Fixed to the wall main body.
- A movable handle that allows you to change the position of the screen when it is rotated.
At the choice of material:
- Durable wood.
- Metal basics.
- Combined models.
The classification shows that the choice is really very large, this will allow you to accurately choose the right option. The most important thing is the task that this device must perform. First of all, it must reliably fix the equipment and keep it on the wall for comfortable viewing. If necessary, you can install additional details for beauty and convenience.
IMPORTANT: To check the strength, try using an additional weight or effort to bend the angle on the metal plates. In a good case, they should not be deformed. The fact is that the device will hang for a long time, which can lead to a weakening of the fasteners over time. Therefore, it must have a margin of safety.
If you have decided on the choice of model and purchased everything you need to work, you can start creating. It is impossible to talk about all the possible designs and installation methods, in our article we will consider only a few of them for a complete presentation and understanding.
The easiest and most convenient option is to use a door hinge:
- Choose a place on the wall, mark the points for fastening.
- Depending on the wall material, select the appropriate screws or bolts and attach them.
- After that, attach a wooden board to the loop, balancing and calculating all sizes for normal fixation.
- The final step is to install the screen to the surface of the board.
This method allows you to easily change the position of the TV along or perpendicular to the wall due to the movable part of the door hinge.
The next option is a fixed connection. It is simple and easy to install.
- As in the previous version, select the appropriate place and make all measurements.
- Evenly, in accordance with the width of the casing of the equipment, install 2-3 holders in the wall with dowels.
- Hang the TV to the appropriate hooks.
The advantage of this version will be reliable fixation, strength and close fit along the walls of the room.
If necessary, you can create an option at a certain distance from the wall. Usually, you need to set aside the case in order to conveniently hide the wires or additional devices, such as a router or set-top box.
- We carry out the first 2 points, as before.
- After that, we make reinforcement in the form of an iron square or a strong metal frame.
- We attach directly to the reinforcing part the main part of the bracket in the form of a round or square metal pipe.
- On top of it we install a special form for attaching to the rear panel. For ease, you can use a wooden panel.
- It remains only to mount the TV itself.
This does not end with the ideas for creating a bracket. Based on these principles, you can come up with something of your own and think through a unique design.
IMPORTANT: In addition to the size of the wall, it is worth considering the parameters of the TV. The attachment points to the body should be evenly distributed so that one of the sides of the product does not outweigh and does not lead to skew. It is very important to maintain balance.
The final step will be to fix the TV directly to the bracket. Usually on the rear panel for this there are special connectors or strips that serve as attachment points. All you need is to correctly calculate the attachment points and their locations on the wall. In this case, there should not be any difficulties.
If such connectors are not available, you should use a special plate of rectangular or square shape, which comes with the bracket. It can also be purchased separately at a hardware store. Just fix the TV with the fixing bolts.
On this installation is completed, you can enjoy a pleasant viewing of your favorite program.